Friday, January 13, 2012

Stuck in Slacker Mode


Guess who's back...back again...

E.A.P is back and refreshed.

The first semester was a tough one, but worth it.

I learned that my time management skills and study habits suck! But hey, what are mistakes for? It's only a mistake if you didn't learn from it. #justsayin

After a whole semester at UTSC, I look back and wonder how did I ever manage to get lost? It's a pretty small campus compared to downtown. To be honest, the closer we got to the end of the semester, the better it got. When the essays were over and done with it gave me time to study and focus on the exams.

My writing STILL needs to improve but it's gotten a hellalot better than the beginning for sure! At least I don't write like a high school senior anymore.  I took advantage of some of the campus resources, after all I am paying for it.  I actually liked my profs, I held all these misconceived notions about university and professors that no one cares...but actually, THEY DO! So it was nice to work through and break down all these stereotypes.

My break was AWESOME! I finally watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," I waited like three months for it. I've watched it twice, I'm going to try and squeeze another screening before the semester heads into full swing. I also showed my love and support for TDOT's local music scene and attended a few concerts, then I had my first ever sleep over on NYE (I know I kinda missed out on that rite of passage, but it's never too late!)

My most favorite part of the break was sleeping in. It was amazing to sleep in till noon and not care. It was fun to stay up all night and not care. *Que the Ke$ha song*

A few changes. I took a lesser course load, it was the best thing to do in my situation. I also took a course downtown, and it sounds like fun! I thought I'd try the downtown scene.  Lastly, I took "funner" courses. I have a course in cinema, music, and women studies.  Oh and the best part is... NO MORNING CLASSES! No morning classes=No long line at Tim's for coffee and losing sleep. No eye bags #FTW

This semester I'm going to stay on top of things. I'm going to start on my essays at least a week before they're due, not 6 hours before the due date. I'm also going to try and stop eating on campus so I don't burn through my money...CORRECTION. OSAP's money. (I got 99 problems and OSAP is one of them). I'm also going to perform some my writing, not be a closeted writer anymore. And I am pretty satisfied with my marks from last semester, in case you're wondering.
E.A.P signing off and wishing you ALL a great semester!

P.S. Does anyone else find it odd that you have to pay to have a copy of your final exam?

Epic Song of the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Don't forget to join and FOLLOW our blog. :)